Friday 14 September 2012

More from Less!

Here are some more symbols from St Leonard the Less. This Grade I listed Church is home to a witch's  grave which I only found out about when I got home and did some research. Originally, it had four steel rods which went through the stone and into the grave to stop it wandering. It seems it suffered a little vandalism some years ago, but I am determined to go back and find it. It lies close to a large yew tree. I particularly like the second headstone - Time, how short - Enternity, how long.








1 comment:

SeaThreePeeO said...

Interesting stones. I love the writing on the second stone. Fabulous

Herding Cats

Welcome to the Graveyard Detective

An illustrated look at the World of Graveyards and Cemeteries. There are many Stories behind the Stones that Stand in them. Who knows what we might find?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...