Tuesday 2 April 2013

Converting Colour to MonoChrome

I've finally got round to reading my Adobe Photoshop book and, in particular, the section on converting  colour images to black and white. I have to admit that I have always just selected Image>Mode>Greyscale and ended up with a monochrome image. It turns out that I was wrong.

What I should have done, apparently, was select Image>Adjustments>Black and White. So, I though I would follow the author's example and try it out. He also advised - in his first example - to reduce the Red and Yellows and increase the Cyans. Well, I did and these are the result.

Click on the images once and then again to get a really enlarged view.













2 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Must try that trick, beautiful looking memorial.

Laurie said...

She is beautiful, Bill.

Welcome to the Graveyard Detective

An illustrated look at the World of Graveyards and Cemeteries. There are many Stories behind the Stones that Stand in them. Who knows what we might find?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...