Saturday 4 August 2012

A Striking Lancashire Angel

On the way to collect some logs, today, I had ten minutes to spare and called at a small country churchyard - St Leonard's in Balderstone, Lancashired. I had been told by someone, who passed it a week ago, that it might be interesting. Interesting? No, it was amazing! There were many unusual and striking memorials and I quickly moved through the graves to capture some examples on my iPhone4 before the fast approaching thunderstorm reached the village. I am becoming an increasingly enthusiatic fan of iPhoneograpy. It beats carrying around a heavy bag of camera equipment.

Here is the very large headstone that marks the grave of Mercia Heyworth who died on 1 May 1896.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

terrific - and a perfect excuse to acquire an iPhone (which I cannot afford!). What megapixels?

Gayle said...

yours sure takes good pics!

Laurie said...

Thanks, Ann - 5 megapixels - I'll email you later.

Hey Gayle! Thanks for the compliment.

Welcome to the Graveyard Detective

An illustrated look at the World of Graveyards and Cemeteries. There are many Stories behind the Stones that Stand in them. Who knows what we might find?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...