Friday 12 March 2010

A Bouquet of Flowers survives the Whirlwind

Today, I visited Blackburn Cemetery in Lancashire to look for the grave of a British Giant. I did not find it, but I did find areas of desolation where overzealous adherance to Health and Safety has resulted in the flattening of gravestones to prevent them toppling onto unwary visitors. All over Britain, the same has happened - it makes me think a whirlwind is 'unnecessarily' tearing great swathes of destruction across our Victorian hertitage. Most disheartening! That said, I did notice one beautiful work of rememberance lying on the grass. This hand clutching a beautiful bouqet of flowers is the first of this type I have ever seen. Exquisite!


No comments:

Welcome to the Graveyard Detective

An illustrated look at the World of Graveyards and Cemeteries. There are many Stories behind the Stones that Stand in them. Who knows what we might find?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...